Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Squorn

Which of these things is not like the other? Which of these things just doesn't belong? Sing it with Sesame Street... can you hear the tune?

Well.... I went outside to gather a few of those teeny tiny tomato wannabe thingies from my garden. I happened to look under those great big leaf thingies and look what I found! Squorn!

Actually, I-Needa named this funny looking garden creature. I'm not really sure what it is. I actually planted yellow crooked neck squash. Well... I don't believe I've ever had yellow squash that is all bumpy and lumpy. But... here it is!! It does look a little like corn on squash. So, Squorn it is. Let's just call it a strange garden oddity of nature.

2 comments:

Travis said...

I found your blog entry while googling "Squorn." Too funny!! I hope you & I-Needa have fun this week!

-Travis

Anonymous said...

At the Edmond Farmers Market a farmer had this type of squash along with a flyer..."FrankenSquash - be on the lookout-last seen stalking joggers in Hafer Park." I didn't have time to pick up the flyer, but it looked funny. Especially since he was tying his spoof to the news story of a guy in a Scream mask stalking joggers at Hafer Park...the guys turned themselves into the Edmond PD after seeing it on the news...they were making a video!
Did you eat the Squorn?