Saturday, July 19, 2008

Clouds

I am going to confess that sometimes I just have to sit awhile and wonder what on earth I'm going to put in my blog. The blog jar gets almost empty, and there just doesn't seem to be anything calling.

I was sitting here in such a state and looking through iPhotos on my computer. I saw this cloud picture that I took on our Michigan trip. I was attracted to the clear blue of the sky and the fluffy clouds. Actually, I think I see a duck in there with a really large bill. I've found a hedgehog lying on his back, and who knows what else is in there. It reminded me of other times that I just sat awhile and tried to see what I could find in the clouds. Now, that's entertainment!



Then I remembered this picture that I-Needa sent me. She was at my house while I was away on our Michigan trip. She was here to visit her grandmother and have a bit of one on one time with her.

These had some wonderful light playing through them and nice color in the sky. She took them from my front porch.




This I took on Mackinac Island looking across the water. Lovely, really. I had stepped out by a large arch formation and thought this was very pretty. I don't have anything like this to look at out my back door. Again, the light and color seemed like a heavenly painting.








As we were zipping down the highway, I caught sight of these. This time it was light, color, and the fact that there are several types of clouds here. Okay, I can't seem to remember all the names of these clouds without running to some reference material. Right Back would know, but he isn't here. He is at his own house, and I don't think I should call him and ask him about cloud names. He had spotter training, and he sometimes just looks at me strangely when I mention something about beautiful clouds. He probably wonders why I can't remember their names. I guess we all can't know everything.

I remember one time years ago when we were standing on my front porch looking at a storm off to our south. There was no doubt that it was storm related, but again, I saw some of that light thing going on and said, 'Well, don't you think that is beautiful?' I remember him looking at me and replying something to the effect that I'd not ever make a spotter. He suggested that it could quite possibly be a rain wrapped tornado. 'Oh', I said. Well, it wasn't a tornado, and it was majestic.

I seemed to be on a roll with taking pictures of clouds, and as soon as I snapped the picture above, I saw this. Look!!! The moon!!

Remember, we were zipping down the road in our bus, and I had just a second to get the shot. I don't think I killed or maimed any of the other passengers as I flung myself into getting this last picture. I had to have this picture of clouds and moon!! And light!! Too cool!

I hope you've enjoyed my little cloud rambling. I think you should go look out the door and see what is going on today. Go ahead and look. If there is anything interesting there, run get your camera and take a picture. Better yet, go get some coffee and just sit on your porch staring at the sky and sipping away. Remember to be a little in awe and wonder just how all of this came to be.

No comments: