Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From Morning Until Night

This is the picture I posted yesterday afternoon on my CJ's Crafting Fun blog. It is a picture of what I'm currently doing, and I'll be doing it for several days.

After taking the Michigan vacation, it is time to get myself busy putting together an album of the trip. So.... this is it. I'm confining myself to my back room, which I use for crafting.

Actually, I titled it My Mess on my craft blog. I probably shouldn't think of it as a mess. It really isn't. It's just lots of stuff organized onto a small surface. That sounds much better than calling it a mess. Perhaps I could apply that in other situations as well. I'll give that some thought. You can use it too.

I've been blessed to take a few trips since that glorious day I retired. ( Ah.... retirement. ) The trips have been wonderful, and I've wanted to capture the moments to enjoy from now on. Therefore, upon retirement, I purchased a camera and have gone from never or seldom taking pictures to one who can be found clicking a camera at any major or minor event. I believe the digital age has released me and turned me into something I was not.

Daughter I-Needa was a Creative Memories consultant for awhile, and she took me in hand and taught me the error of my ways. She put me on the straight and narrow path toward preserving photos and memories. My drawer, crammed with photos in no particular order, became a challenge to correct. I found I liked the organizing and especially seeing stories come to life just because they were now safely preserved and journaled.

My first album was of I-Needa and Right Back when they were young. It took some doing to get some of the ages right, but with I-Needa's help, we did it. I love getting out the album and looking at it. I've taken that and other of my albums to my mother to share with her. There is no explaining the joy she gets from looking at the kids' early photos.

Lest you wonder what I'm doing, you can rest assured that I'll be cropping (trimming photos) and journaling (writing the story) and being artistic from morning until night for awhile. You can also be assured that I'm having a good time.

No comments: