Monday, July 7, 2008

Heaven In A Barrel

I was looking through my vacation pictures and found this 'inside a store' shot that I'd taken in Frankenmuth, MI. I do not remember the name of this little place, but was awed at the inside of the store. Every shelf in the store was packed (squished tight) with goodies, and barrels with different flavors of wrapped candy were everywhere. I think it was the candy that really got my attention. They had absolutely every flavor in the world. It was amazing. I wondered how many barrels were there and just found myself following them around and around the store.

I was showing this picture to a friend who remarked about all the PEZ items on the shelves. I know there are PEZ collectors out there who would be in heaven over these.

This shop had all kinds of items that you wouldn't find at Wal Mart. They even had decorative covers for the vent holes that would be in walls where stove pipes would go. I guess they attracted my attention as I was amazed that I knew what they were. I just don't see those around.

There was something so quaint about this place with its wooden floors and packed shelves. Poking around through all the goodies was, indeed, an adventure. I found a couple of things that I'd been looking for and hadn't found elsewhere. Of course, I purchased them. I think the nostalgia factor had to come in at some point as remembered some of the old buildings in our small town with wooden floors and a few characteristic squeaks. Perhaps part of the charm of this building was recalling of times past. It's a good thing I don't live anywhere near this place as would be exploring those barrels more frequently.

1 comment:

Rhea said...

What a fun looking store to explore! Awesome!