Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Haircut

In my quest for the inward youthful modern woman being that I am, I've had my hair cut and fixed sticking out all over the place. It is with much doings and products that I've managed this. I had it cut yesterday, then tried to reproduce it again today. The results weren't quite as good, but it is there nevertheless. I've been verbally chastised as to the amount of products needed compared to what I actually use. I think I've mentioned previously that I had not even a can of hairspray in the house. Then I was pretty much told that I'd dropped off the edge of sanity somewhere and needed not only hairspray, but a good dollop of Bedhead.... a blue goopy goo that you work in your hands after drying your hair and then apply lightly to your hair. It is what it says, a product that makes one look just like they did when they got up.

The second fix for my life will be the arrival of my new stylish specs. Ah... new glasses. When my doctor told me that my vision hadn't really changed and I didn't have to have new glasses, I was a tad sad. Oh, I was elated with the news that my eyes were just as great as last year. But...... then I told her that I'd come early and picked out new frames. Then she smiled and asked me if I only had one pair of shoes in the closet. I LOVE this woman!! 'Well, noooo... I have more than one pair of shoes, and I like your thinking', I said. I pushed the thought of cost of shoes compared to cost of glasses right out the window. I went with her theory... after all, the doctor is always right... and I will soon be sporting a new classy look.

My Medicare card may be arriving sometime in the future... sooner than I'd like.... but darned if I'm going to look like I need one!

No comments: