Friday, July 25, 2008

Obsession Confession

Here I am with no picture to post. I believe that is suppose to be a number one sin in the blogging world. So, I beg your forgiveness!

I'm obsessed.... really. I hate it when I do that, but I get obsessed and fixated and it takes over my life. My current obsession is one that has been sneaking up on me for awhile. It grew out of a desire to do something with the boxes of old family photos.

A few years ago, I got into the photos at Mother's house and had her help identify them. Most of them she knew, some she didn't. I also listened to and later wrote down many stories of the family. Mother is the last of her immediate family, and I knew that when she is no longer with us, the stories would be lost.

There is something about family that needs to be preserved for future generations. It speaks to roots or something like that.

So, here I am with the obsession thing again. I've tried to scan photos with my current equipment, but I was less than pleased with the results. I just want more, and I want to be able to do more with the photos once they are scanned.

Without getting too technical here and putting you soundly to sleep, I will say only that my quest has been somewhat frustrating as I just don't have the background in what I want to do, and I couldn't figure out how to achieve the results I want.

Finally, I addressed a question to I-Needa's friend, T, who actually knows what he is doing with graphic design, photos, and using all that state of the art equipment. T graciously answered my questions and gave me advice. Thank goodness! Thank you, T!!

Now I am on a quest to purchase a dedicated photo scanner. I have it all picked out and am going to get it ASAP... There isn't going to be much patience in waiting for me. I'm heading to the store at the first possible opportunity and will be throughly immersed in this new time consuming little project. I can't wait....I have no self control when I get a bee in my bonnet or an idea in my head.... and that may be my obsession confession.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so will you please pass along this new-found knowledge of scanning photos, scanners, etc?

Travis said...

You're certainly welcome, CJ!