Monday, July 7, 2008

Short Note

I was reading Ree's Pioneer Woman blog again this morning. It was fun seeing the pictures from their wonderful party.

I had to laugh at her forgetting to put out the hot dog buns. I actually wondered when I was going through the line what you were suppose to put those hot dogs on. I was thinking more about a hamburger, so didn't pursue the idea further. I guess it hadn't occurred to me that Ree could have forgotten something. I've forgotten to put cranberries on the table more than once for Thanksgiving, but that's different somehow.

My one really big regret in the food department was not taking one of the potatoes. I know I've seen a recipe on her blog for something sinfully good, and I get really sad thinking that I didn't taste it. Hopefully, Ree will forget about all the work she did getting ready for the party and will invite us all back next year. I'm going to pass up the huge hamburger rolls and just have the hamburger patty. Then I'm going to head straight for the potatoes and get one of those.

I might also take the lid off the sangria mixture, as suggested to me more than once by Ree, and help myself to a piece of the fruit.

Next year, if I think anything is missing, I probably still won't say anything to the hostess.

By the way, our host and hostess received a round of applause at church yesterday for the wonderful time had by all.

1 comment:

Rhea said...

It looked like a great party! I'm just blog browsing tonight, found your site through a comment on Ree's site. Nice to meet you!