Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Neighbor Blessings

I-Needa has been blessed with wonderful neighbors. On the morning of her birthday, I-Needa found this 'Happy Birthday' banner attached to her back gate area. What a nice feeling to know that someone cared and spent a little effort saying so! She did a little figuring and found one clue on the banner that led her to decide which of her neighbors had hung the banner. Actually, there was more than one candidate in the running for the possible doer of this fun deed.

I repeat that I-Needa has been blessed with wonderful neighbors. Of course, there is the flip side to the statement that says she has also been a wonderful neighbor. Her townhouse condo area has people who really look out for each other and who stay in touch with each other. As a matter of fact, several were over in the evening to play hostess to her birthday dinner. The neighbors brought food, fun, and presents to celebrate. It was a fun evening of fellowship.

My friend P.R. and her husband who live in nearby Big City have wonderful neighbors. They have block parties several times a year to celebrate special events. They recently had a get-together to celebrate the Fourth of July. I'm thinking there is a big blessing going on in their neighborhood too.

Somehow all of these demonstrations of being a good neighbor gives me a warm cozy feeling. I'm pretty sure I fall far short and need a little improvement in this area. I'm going to do a little thinking on it and see if I don't need to do something somehow to learn more about my neighbors and to start the blessing going around here.

No comments: