Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ah, Dinner

I headed out to my weed infested garden this evening and picked more of those little tomato wannabes. I also found my first zucchini hiding under the leaves. It had gotten to be a good size, and I only hoped that it would be good. That giant size yellow crooked neck squash was horrid to eat. The perfect gardener had gotten to it too late, and it was mostly thick bumpy lumpy stuff.
I really hoped that my zucchini did a bit better in the good eating department.




I do love to stir fry fresh garden vegetables, which is one reason I was looking forward to those big juicy tomatoes. I would slice them and eat them, or I would put them in my stir fry.

Be honest, have you ever seen a recipe that told you to get fifty grape size tomatoes and slice them?? I don't think so....

Well, I did just that. I sliced the zucchini and those wannabe tomatoes, and put them in a skillet with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. I later added corn.

When all was said and done, I put it on my plate. See the corn! By the way, that meat is ground turkey that I cooked with salt and pepper. It is sooooo good for you.

I have to confess that I'm in diet mode again. It is a curse, I'm sure. You can see that I was good for this meal. It is all very healthy, including those diet baby carrots. I couldn't have big carrots on my plate showing up the tiny tomatoes.




Just to show you how REALLY good I am, I'm telling you that the plate with food is my salad plate. Oh, I'm sooooo good. That was a diet tip used by Weight Watchers. Putting one's meal on a smaller plate is a good thing. I'm so gooooood. At least I was for this meal.

I've got to go check the freezer to see if I have the makings for a double chocolate marshmallow nut fudge sundae. You are NOT getting a picture of that. Actually, that is just a dream. I don't have any of that on hand. Sigh.

No comments: