Monday, February 1, 2010

Picture On the Move

I've noticed something strange going on since Mr. was added to my life. It happens once in awhile, but not on a regular schedule.

I noticed one day that the duck picture in the bathroom over a certain facility in the house kept tilting. Strange... phenomenon.

You see, I'm one of those visual people who like to have all the pictures straight, level, etc. I'm one who has to resist urges to straighten pictures in homes of others if they are crooked. It is sometimes a real effort not to take my finger and just scooch them up or down a bit.

Anyway... I've noticed this picture on a tilt. It was an obvious tilt, and I know there has to be a reasonable explanation for it. I suspected it has something to do with Mr., but I wasn't sure of the reason behind it. I figured I'd wait him out, and he would shed some light on the strange phenomenon.

At last he said it... he couldn't stand it anymore. He confessed. Sure enough, it was simple, if not reasonable...

Mr.: (emerging from the bathroom) 'I'm training the ducks to walk uphill.'
Me: (rolling my eyes and considering his reasoning) 'Oh.'
Mr.: 'Yes, they need to learn to walk uphill.'
Me: (quiet meditation on the humor of mankind)

For myself and all those visuals among us, I couldn't leave you with a crooked picture in your head. Who knows how your day could be affected. I took my finger and scooched the picture to a more level look. I took a picture to share as want to end this on a positive note. Who knows, you may want to go tilt pictures in your house and find a silly reason for it. It helps to have a little humor in your life, no matter where you have to look to find it.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Why does this not surprise me? What a hoot indeed.