Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fish Eye Level

During our day on Grand Cayman, we took a little sight seeing trip in a semi submarine. The lower level was below water and had nice little windows that you could look out and view what was in all that water.

I rather liked this whole thing as had lots of elbow room and still could see very well. I didn't even have to hold my breath or get wet.

I turned off the flash on my camera and set the scene to 'Underwater'... then snapped what I could see. You, my dear blog reader, are going to get to see some of these average camera pictures taken without advantage of fancy photographic equipment. Still... I like them. We have just passed the sea turtle. See.... I wonder how old he is and how long he has been swimming around happily in the ocean.

One must have a ship wreck. These are bound to happen, and I'm sure there are lots to see. Of course, I don't remember exactly what ship this is, but know it is from long long ago.

We actually passed over two ship wrecks, so will tell you that all that history was a bit much for me to remember while I endeavored to snap pictures and hope I got something.





I haven't had a call yet from National Geographic to go to work for them. I just don't understand that at all. They just don't know what they are missing....



Yep...more ship wreck. You figured that out, I'm sure.





When I was a child, I actually thought I might like to be a marine biologist. Now, why I even let that one pass through my head is a total mystery to me now. I think it was all the pretty sea shells that I collected. They gave the ocean a mystery that seemed appealing at the time. I'm glad I came to my senses. I don't think I want to have anything to do with swimming around in the ocean, or handling scaly things, or mapping the ocean. I was perfectly content to just snap pictures from the comfort and safety of this semi
submarine. That will do for me nicely.


One of the men on board put on his gear and went into the water to feed the fish for us. He made a couple of passes completely around the boat. I'm sure one of these little finny fellows gave the 'dinner cry' and everyone came running.

For the tourist in me sake, I was delighted that he did this. Photo opp! Snap snap!






Here he is again.... a little closer to my window and encrusted in fish... of different sizes.


Aren't they cute? Or pretty? I wonder how they feel when he touches them.... bare arms. I wonder how he feels? I imagine they are friends by now if he does this several times a day.








Here come more fish... and you can see the coral reef below them.

Actually, this was a nice tour, and I really did enjoy the calmness of the water and all the fish swimming around.

I'm one of those who loves to look at salt water aquariums. There is something calming about them.





Another of my favorite pictures.. National Geographic, eat your heart out!! Just kidding.

So, my dear blog readers, this is the best selection of photos I took on this tour. I did enjoy it and would happily have spent more time on this. Unfortunately, they have a schedule and time was up... so back to land.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better you than me..the ocean terrifies me and to think about going down in it is more than I could bear. You are so brave.
Linda