Friday, February 19, 2010

Crown of Thorns Plant

I took this picture in Jamaica simply because I thought this was very pretty. I was showing off my December event scrapbook to friends, and one remarked that it looked like a Crown of Thorns plant.

That was news to me, but I was happy to find out what it is. I am terrible with plants, unless it is a really common one known to everyone. I know grass when I see it... Okay, so I'm getting a little carried away here. I do have the kind of association with plants that is best known as 'kill em while you can'. I've tried at times, but just don't have that proverbial green thumb. If the plant is healthy and beautiful, I'd best leave it alone.

So.... I did a little online research to see if this is a Crown of Thorns plant. It seems it is also called the Christ Plant, or Christ Thorn . It is also poisonous... every part of it... so no touchy. At best, touch with caution... do gloves.

I have no intention of taking my blog reading friends though any kind of how to care for this plant. I've already told you what I do to plants. Any information from me is not worthy to follow. I will tell you that I still think it is pretty and offer it for your looking pleasure. If you feel so inclined, do a little Google searching and find out more about this plant.

No comments: