Friday, February 26, 2010

Wallpaper Scraps

When I-Needa was little, her bedroom had one wall with wild panda bear wallpaper. There were cute pink and white curtains in the window to match the bear's noses. Cute!

I have always had the habit of saving a bit of wallpaper I use. I usually try to get an extra roll just in case something happens and I need to repair or replace part of it.

This paper has long ago disappeared, but it was cute at the time. I think I-Needa loved it and considered these little creatures her personal friends.


At some point, I-Needa managed to save a piece of the paper from her long ago room. She sent me this picture recently to show me what she has done with it.

I think it is rather a neat thing to preserve a memory like this. Just look how cute it looks with this one bear framed and hanging in her hallway. At least it is meaningful.

A relative of mine was quite talented in making ceramic pieces. She made a set of several little ceramic panda bears for I-Needa to match her room decor. I-Needa has set one on top of a candle and put it with the hall grouping.

Seeing this has made me look around my own home a bit to discover little things I have sitting about that remind me of my childhood or have some special meaning for me. What do you have in your home as reminders and remembrances?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I have are pictures of me at various ages.....baby to bride ..hanging in the upstairs hall. Of course there are other family members included in the collage. I do have some old scrapbooks made for me as I was an only child for seven years. My other siblings didn't get that much attention! Linda