Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Mess Today

This is what I'm doing this week. I put up a table in the living room and have been happily working on a album of all our December events, which include our wedding, Christmas, and a Caribbean cruise. It was a full month, and will be a big album.

I absolutely am sold on creating albums. I've done this for years. I-Needa got me started on this when she was a Creative Memories consultant. I had pictures thrown in drawers not doing me a bit of good. She helped me see the error of my ways and I started organizing them and getting them into albums. I soon saw that not only was I preserving all those nice pictures that I'd taken, but now I could enjoy looking at them. They are organized neatly into albums and actually tell a story.

I've taken several nice tours since retiring, and I'm happy to say I bought a camera and took tons of pictures. I've put them into books and can relive those wonderful trip experiences. I keep my albums where I can pick one up and look at it.... and I do. I enjoy them myself and have found that others do too.

I bought a nice ruby red coverset album from Creative Memories for our December doings. It has a poinsettia in the lower right corner. Perfect for December! I also had a stroke of genius, which is nice to have once in awhile. I put a few decorated pages in the book and had it at our wedding reception for people to sign and leave little notes. Those are now in with the wedding pictures, and I love it. I think all brides should do that... seriously. I think it is much better than having a separate book to sign that will sit isolated by itself in some remote place in the house. People signed it and left little notes of well wishes. Love that. I'll get pictures of that and show soon.... ohhhh you have something to look forward to...

I'll be working on this again today. It is nice to have something fun to do inside on such a bleak, wet, cold day. I'm doing something constructive, and I'm going to love the results. Go me!

No comments: