Saturday, February 27, 2010

Trying Ree's Perfect Pot Roast

Life is good!

First, my dear sweet Hubby (Mr.) brought me a camera that he had lying about the ranch house. I at least have a camera while I search for the perfect new one. I've gotten bitten by the Wantitis Bug. You know... the one that makes one spend more than they really should for things. I'm still trying to decide on a camera, but at least I have this one to fill in while I research and steel my nerves to spend money.

This.... dear readers, is what I cooked in that wonderful new pot... My Le Creuset pot that was a gift not long ago from a friend. I just had to take a picture of this as it came out of the oven. I hurried before Mr. got into it. It smelled soooooooo good. Mr. came in the back door and did a double take with his nose. It tasted as good as it smelled.

This recipe is one that I tried out of Ree's famous Pioneer Woman Cookbook. I absolutely had to join the ranks and have one. I have to admit that I usually sit a few pews behind her at church and marvel at all that has happened to her in the past couple of years. It is amazing. I've also been blessed with enjoying some of that wonderful food that she cooks... cinnamon rolls prepared by her own hands... so yummy. At any rate.. this is one of the recipes out of her cookbook. It uses some herbs that I don't usually use in preparing my roasts, and I did like these. I know... you must have the recipe. Therefore I have included the link to her recipe on her website. Go... cook roast... and enjoy. Perfect Pot Roast I also realize that she was just on Good Morning America talking about and cooking this roast. It is really flavorful. Yum.

No comments: