Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Searching for a Camera

It looks like the hunt is on for a new camera. Mine died. I've been troubleshooting to see if there is a simple solution, but it looks like I'm just out of luck. I've checked lots of things, but so far do not find the problem.

So.... I've been on the Internet this morning looking for a new perfect camera. I've been using a Canon PowerShot A95 for several years. Of course, it is discontinued. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to get into the SLR cameras. I rather like the point and shoot approach, but want a really great picture. My current camera that is dead delivered pictures I really liked. I also loved the fact that it had a swivel LCD screen. Not many do. It protected the screen and also let me take pictures from very strange angles at times. I could hold it way above my head and tilt the screen down so I could still see what I was capturing. I really don't know why all cameras don't have this feature.

I beg you, my dear readers, if you have a camera you love... please let me know. I want to look around a bit before leaping into buying. I want to love my new camera... Just tell me under comments, and I'll be so grateful.

The Cat Report
I did manage to get antibiotics into Pumpkin's mouth this morning. I remembered to shake the medicine well... I put it back into the refrigerator. Actually getting the dropper full of medicine into the cat's mouth was a bit of a do. I looked deep into his eyes and begged cooperation. It didn't happen. I picked him up and snuggled him against me until I heard him purr. I figured he was less likely to do anything drastic to me if he was really happy. I'm such a wimp!!

I finally managed to get him by the scruff of the neck and tilt his head back far enough that he opened his mouth. I was ready... set... and got that medicine into his mouth in a flash. Oh... go me!!!

I just had to tack this little report onto my camera post as knew you were waiting anxiously to see how the cat thing went. Perhaps that is a stretch, but I hope you cared. I have to do this again tomorrow and the day after. I'm so looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could help but if it isn't disposable I can't use it. Surely someone can give you a suggestion.
Linda

First RV Adventure said...

I have a Canon Power Shot SD880 IS (I just read it on the camera) and I love it! It's easy to use and has some really nice features. My old Canon had the swivel viewer but this one doesn't. Janette got one first and now we all have one! I love that it's small enough to drop in my purse and doesn't require a big case. I'm sure they have improved it even more since I got this one over a year ago. Good luck! We'll be watching to see what you get.

Nice going on getting the meds into Pumpkin! You go, girl!