Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pot Surprise

I was sitting here messing around on my computer yesterday rather than cleaning. You know what happens when you do that? Someone drops by or calls and tells you they are on their way. Thankfully, option two happened and I had time to wipe down the counters and hide a few things.

A friend arrived with a big bag in hand. She had told me that she was bringing over a 'wedding' present that she and her husband both thought I should have.

So... in she comes with a bag in hand and announces to me that if I don't like it, I can exchange it. Then she turns over a giant bag from Williams-Sonoma. 'Ohhhhh... this is going to be fun', I thought. I peeked into the sack, then started jumping up and down while making joyful noises...'Wheee.... whee.... oh, oh, oh...!' I guess she caught on that I liked it and wouldn't be wanting any exchanges! I immediately ran with the pot into the kitchen, dragging her behind me, and showed her how it goes with everything. In fact, this is the very one I'd have picked! Oh, my gosh! I've got to cook and quickly. It is just itching to happen.

I've always wanted one of these!!! It is that lovely Le Creuset cookware. Wonderful cast iron with enamel. I'm in heaven!!! She told me it would hold two chickens. Lovely. It will hold lots of things and I'm going to be using it asap.

I'm off to search the cookbooks... tra la la... Tah Dah!!! The sun is shining and all is well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of your new Le Creuset cookware