Thursday, February 18, 2010

Guilty As Charged

I see someone has been in the dirt. This is the face of one who is 'facing the music' following a romp of joy.

Look at those sad eyes so full of repentance. Doesn't that just tug at your heartstrings? I think it was meant to! I believe I've seen the look before... practiced to perfection, I'd say. 'Come on, Mom... it was SO much fun! Really.'

Yes, Gigi was busy while her person, I-Needa, had her back turned. It was meant to be a quick little piddle time in the back yard. However, there seemed to be a hole that needed digging, and some leaves that needed to be pushed around. Somehow the whole hole thing just got out of control.

Somehow looking at this this poor little pooch, who knows well that a good scrubbing is coming, reminds me that I'd best be careful of my own hole digging....

I've been trying to be careful and not give in to chocoholic ways. Actually, I've been on a fling with food and need to do something about it before it is too late. I sometimes feel just like Gigi looks... repentant after the fact, but knowing I had a good time as well.

This is day four of counting Weight Watcher's points again. I'm focused and working to get back to my skinny self. Hopefully, my time in the garden getting mud on my face... so to speak... is over, and I'll be back on track and forgiven soon....figuratively speaking, of course.

I don't want to have to post my own picture with a caption reading 'Guilty as Charged!'

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's a good one! She is such a cutie. Can't get mad at her for doing what terriers do. Just use baby wipes.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the Weight Watchers thing. We both know it works, but it is so easy to get our faces in the dirt! Linda