Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Icy Wind Part II

I should have known better. I REALLY should have known better. I complained about my plight of getting sacks into the car in the icy wind. I repeat... I SHOULD have known better than to whine about such a little thing. I only invited more. I got more.

I had no sooner clicked the ‘publish’ button on Icy Wind, then I heard something bang. It sounded like it was on or near my house. Of course... we have an icy wind. I decided to investigate, so bundled up for the outside and headed out to see about it.

Good Gussie! There was a piece of the metal strip along the eave of my house just hanging there and banging with the wind. ‘Now what?!’ I thought.

It is times like this that I long with a lingering longing for a husband... Not just any husband, but one who can do all things well with construction, electric, or plumbing. I’m not sure such a one exists, but it is at times like this that I really really want one!

Not having such a manly man around the house, I’m pretty much on my own. Right Back isn’t around at the moment, so we are back to ‘I’m On My Own’. It is time to kick in Problem Solving 101.

I need a ladder. I need nails. I need a hammer. I need a man.
I have a ladder. I have nails (but not siding nails). I have a hammer.
Where is my man?

Problem: It’s cold. It’s windy. I don’t WANT to go!!
I grab my coat. I can’t get it zipped correctly.
I fasten my hood... drawstring tight.
I can’t turn my head with my hood on. Undo hood.
I put nails in my pocket.
I can’t get the nails out with my gloves on.
Nix the gloves.
Coat open, hood off, no gloves.
I head out to get the ladder. Lovely.
Of course, the ladder is a paint one, not a lean against the house one.
I find some metal to put under the ladder so it won’t tip in the wind.
I believe I did mention the wind.... more icy shards kind of wind.
So.... hi ho.. hi ho.. it’s off to work I go...

Ladder in place... climbing carefully.. nothing to hang on to.
Well, heck! The metal won’t go back under the other piece of metal that was holding it in place. How’d that happen??? What to do???

Wind was cold.
Coat was open.
Hands were freezing.
Temporary Solution: Just put a nail in the old nail hole... move it up a bit until it grabs.
More Permanent Solution: I have NO idea.

No comments: