Friday, February 1, 2008

The Joys of Snow
















Those icy winds brought with it a ton of snow. We were dumped upon by the snow cloud. Fortunately, we weren't in the 12 inch band, but we still had snow for most of the day. Then it warmed above freezing, and some of it melted. The street even became passable before the end of the day.

I was looking out the window in my living room and caught sight of the neighbor's grandson happily working on snow people. I thought it was so cute. I didn't want to disturb him, so grabbed the camera and just took a picture of his snow people through my window. It isn't bad considering there is screen between the window and the scene. I just had to share.

I remember being in college years ago and having a girl in our dorm who was from Florida. She had never seen snow... ever. It was such a treat when we had a good snow. We grabbed her and headed outside to play in the snow. We made snow people, had a good snowball fight, and also left our marks with snow angels. It was such a joy to watch someone who had never experienced snow. It left us all seeing it with fresh eyes. I thought about that as I watched this cute little boy busy making his snow people.

No comments: