Saturday, January 19, 2008

Too Much Paper In My Life

I wrote a bit ago about shredding. I will confess that I hadn't really committed myself to the process or thrown myself into it with complete abandon.... until yesterday. That's why I've been missing in action here. I've been shredding, and shredding, and shredding. Really, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

I know this is riveting stuff, but it is starting to take over my life. I almost hate to see the postman arrive as he is almost guaranteed to bring something or a bunch of somethings that will add to my shredding pile. If I ever get control here, I'm going to do it on a daily basis, which shouldn't be much of a problem.

I think the biggest mess is all the years of canceled paper checks. Juju went through that when in the process of moving. She shredded until the world looked level. However, I've mentioned that in my other shredding story. I will spare you the details of repetition.

I'm thrilled that banks have now gone to those cute little miniature pictures of processed checks. I have a ton of those paper checks to get rid of. I don't think I need checks from long ago for groceries, etc. However, one must look at each of those canceled checks to see if there are any biggies that must be kept. That alone, is a chore.

So, I'm in the middle of organizing... once again organizing... It's another one of those hard jobs that just must be done...or ELSE! In this shredding process, I've gone from the standard size kitchen trash bag to the full blown heavy duty black yard bags.

If you have nothing better to do today, I'd recommend starting the shredding process. In some ways, it's therapeutic.

No comments: