Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dry Nails, Dry!

There is one sure way in life to cause trouble for yourself: Polish your nails. Nails seem to be a constant source of trouble. I must keep them from chipping, peeling, etc. It has been an uphill battle. Still, letting nails just go isn’t an option either. I want to be able to appear in public. I’m thinking well polished nails are a must to have that ‘kept’ look.

I’ve ruled out going to the nail salon. I have no desire to add artificial nails to my body. I’m just going to be stuck with what I have. However, I can keep what I have polished.

I’ve had years of practice with this home polishing fiasco. It continues to be a fiasco. The problem is drying time. I’m not a patient person, and drying requires more patience that I seem to have developed. I’ve tried every quick drying trick, bought every quick drying product, and still..........

The instant my nails are polished and the quick drying top coat is applied, things start to happen. Any one, or a combination, or all the following can and do apply:
I need a tissue in order to sneeze.
I have to see what is in the mailbox.
I get chilly and need to add a garment.
I get hot and need to remove a garment.
I decided I don’t like how I’m dressed, and I need to change outfits.
I decide to add jewelry.
I must change out my purse.
I must answer the phone or make a call.
I must answer the doorbell.
I suddenly remember I need to make a list for the grocery store.
And the biggest one.... number one always on the list.... a trip to the bathroom.

This is all fresh on my mind. My fingernails are drying, but I just had to type about it for my blog while they dry.

No comments: