Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My Favorite Soup

I've not always cared much for soup. That has changed, and I've become a great fan of Soup Season... that wonderful time of year when the temperature goes down and there are cravings for a little warmth in the tummy. I posted this recipe some time ago at Yahoo, but I'm afraid you might have missed it.... or not copied it down. This really is a MUST have.

My favorite soup as of now is one I picked up a few years ago. It is called Taco Soup, and I have no idea where the recipe originated. I didn't create it, but I love eating it. I don't want anyone in the world not to have this soup, so am going to post it here just in case you, too, are a fan of Soup Season.

Here goes: Taco Soup

1/2 pound ground beef (okay.... I use a pound... I want MEAT)
1 can diced tomatoes (if you like spicy.. get some with diced green chili peppers)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can hominy or corn (I love hominy)
2 cans beans (Black Beans)
2 cups water
1/2 onion... chop chop
1 package taco seasoning
1 package dry ranch dressing mix

Fry up beef and drain it. Add everything in a big pot and heat it up.. Yum!
This freezes extremely well. I put the leftovers in individual containers and have it on hand. I'm never without this in the winter. It is easy to make!! It is also Weight Watcher Friendly!! You can't lose with that.

No comments: