Friday, January 25, 2008

Girl Talk

I ruined my nails from yesterday. I did everything wrong. I wasn't patient at ALL. Today I decided to start from scratch. I'd do a make-over and see if I couldn't improve the look of me.

First on the agenda: hair dye.
I've carried on before about the horrors of hair dying. There was the time I put on light reddish brown, and it came out of the bottle a true carrot orange. I suffered severe anxiety waiting for it to develop. I escaped a horrid fate with that one.

I decided to change brands and colors. That attempt left me mousy brown, not really much of anything. It was time to try try again. Breaking into my own personal rendition of the song from Grease, 'Beauty School Dropout'.... dah dah dah dah dah.... I made a few adjustments to the way I'd process my hair this time. I put a cap on it and used my hair dryer to put some warm air on my head. I actually got this idea from directions to help blend gray. I, of course, didn't have a nice chair dryer like the directions assumed I'd have. So, I just blew on it awhile with my hand held dryer. I sure hoped it would cover the gray and look natural.

I'm happy to report, the first item of the agenda was a success.

Second on the agenda: Nails
Considering the fact that I'd done everything wrong yesterday, I removed all the pitted and smeared polish and started from scratch. I even waited for each coat to dry. Now I have a lovely set of nails. We will see how long that lasts.

The whole business of getting myself presentable took the stuffing out of me. I was totally out of the mood for anything like sweeping or dusting. Besides, I don't want to ruin my nails. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: