Monday, January 21, 2008

Warmth in the Cold

I'm revving up today for a crafting event. This is one of those special days when a little group of us get together for card making. We gals like our social events, and this is a fun thing to do for socializing and accomplishing something at the same time. In my Mother's day, they had groups getting together to play Bridge. I can't say that I'm really interested in that. I much prefer our artistic endeavors.

It's still cold! The fact that it is winter may have something to do with that. I really can't complain as we've had many warmer than normal days so far this winter. I believe the really cold days serve to remind us what cold is about and how fortunate we are to have a few warmer ones.

I will admit that it is harder to get myself out the door in cold weather. Something inside me wants to linger in the warmth of the house and perhaps have a bit of hot chocolate to warm the tummy. At some point, I'll have to steel myself, put on that coat, fling open the door, and head for the cold cold car. I'd like to have one of those cars that you can start with a remote control. I'm a pansy.. no doubt about it.

I'll admit to being a pansy when it comes to cold weather. I'm thankful I'm not a rancher having to break ice on ponds. I doubt that is even appealing to the ranchers. It must be a hazard of the job.

As I finished writing the above paragraph, my next door neighbor called saying that someone had broken into their car during the night and stolen an MP3 player. Bless their hearts, you just can't keep anything in your automobile. Their car was in the garage, but the door was open. Following our conversation, I slipped on some shoes, put a coat over my robe (No, I'm not dressed yet!) and flung myself into the cold to make sure my car wasn't broken into during the night. I did a quick runaround under the carport, feeling a bit of a chill rushing up under my gown and robe. Thankfully, everything is fine with the car.

I've frittered away some time this morning, and believe I'd best get to organizing my day. I'll start with a nice warm bath, some warm clothing, warm oatmeal in my tummy, and being thankful that all was well in the carport. Then I'll fling myself out into the cold again and head to my friend's home for some nice warm fellowship time with the card making group.

No comments: