Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thoughts at 4 A.M.

It seems I've found a new obsession: This blog! I hope I'm not alone in the world when it comes to waking in the middle of the night and having the mind take over. When thoughts start flowing, the body gets going. I'm afraid I developed a long list of 'how to' questions in the middle of the night. I was having such a good rest, then it happened. I remember turning over and thinking how nice and warm it was in the bed. Rather than fall right back to sleep, I had another thought..... 'Gee... I wonder if....' That was pretty much the end of sleep for me. As time passed, the flowing thoughts accelerated. I finally gave up and surrendered to the fact that it would be easier to arise and shine than stay tossing and turning in the nice warm bed. I added a little fuel to the fire: Coffee! Yum. I'm trying caramel drizzle.

I hope as I post this itty bitty note that some out there are happily in slumber. Tonight I'm going to try to NOT think before going to bed. I've also scheduled a nap for the afternoon.

No comments: