Monday, January 28, 2008

Sweet Blessing

It was a sunny day in winter. It started with a thick fog settling in during the night and lingering a bit in the morning. As I headed out to church in the morning, I noticed that every bit of brown grass and every twig in the trees was coated with frost. It wasn’t ice, just frost crystals hanging everywhere. Beautiful.

As the temperature increased a bit, the lovely frost disappeared. The sun was shining bright in a clear sky, and I was glad.

I had somewhere to go in the afternoon. I thought about the fact that it was a beautiful day with sun and a happy blue sky. I decided it must be a God Smile. I was on my way to celebrate the fiftieth wedding anniversary of friends. I can’t imagine having the privilege of fifty years of a loving and caring relationship. The couple has a beautiful family and grandchildren to enjoy as well. Somehow, I just felt that the whole day was a blessing for them.

Somehow the warmth and caring of the couple and all the friends and family surrounding them seemed to radiate its own heat, providing an energy of its own. It was a sweet feeling of joy accented by God’s own stamp of approval, His landscape painting for the day.

No comments: