Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Morning Routine

I've had my morning routine altered a bit. I always start with coffee. That's a must.. MUST, I say. It gets my brain cells going. I don't care what they say about coffee, it gets my brain cells going.

With coffee in hand, I usually head over to AARP to really get my brain cells going, but just had to omit that step this morning to get pictures posted on CJ's Crafting Fun. I'm still learning to manipulate pictures and text on here, so it took awhile. However, the deed is done. It doesn't always turn out exactly like I want it, but it's close.

Our little crafting group had a get-together yesterday to learn some new techniques in card making. It is a nice way to spend the afternoon in fun and fellowship. We all NEED things to do with others. This is a nice way to do that.

My routine also includes running outside to feed my Man Cat Pumpkin. Bless his heart, it's so cold outside. He is a survivor and has spent several winters outside. I know that I'm horrid for not taking him into my home, but I'm not a cat person. I've never even liked cats. I've mellowed a bit on that, but only as far as Pumpkin is concerned. He is always glad to see me delivering his food and water to the back porch. He is always on time, and part of my routine is also to be on time.

Daughter I-Needa also called this morning. That's not in our routine, but she called. I always enjoy hearing from I-Needa. There is something coming up on TV this morning, and she wanted me to watch. I'm trying, but it's affecting my routine.

The first word in my site is 'Humor'. It is unexpected and surprising. It catches us unaware and tickles us. There is nothing routine about it. All of us have our routines to help us with the organization of our lives. Thank goodness for the humor that comes along and adds the flavor. Those are the moments we remember.

No comments: