Monday, March 1, 2010

Tuna Patties

I realize that this is the first day of March! I have high hopes of sunnier days. I'd also like to put in for an order of warmer temperatures and less moisture. We will see how much of that comes about.

It is early in the morning on the first of March. I'm following my usual routine of sipping coffee and writing e-mail to my little group of morning coffee sipping friends. It is the usual thing on a usual morning.

I will admit that I'm obsessed. I've stuck to this chair far too often lately working on researching to buy a camera. I've spent hours looking and comparing. I finally just have to push away and let my mind rest. It is almost straining to get away.

The reason for these pictures is the fact that when I've used up my time doing other things and know that I'm going to have to fix dinner soon, I tend to hurry along and fix something that is fast and easy. This is it.

The first time I made it for Mr. was back in dating days. He tasted one and then closed his eyes a bit. He said that his mother use to make these, and they tasted just like this, and he loved them. Score one for me!!! I told him that I felt the same way about them.

Actually, I did fix them when I-Needa and Right Back were growing up. I served them with good old macaroni and cheese and some green beans. They called it a 'Special'..... and it was.

Making this is a snap... no difficult directions needed.

Tuna... (I like the kind in the new pouch, but have used canned as well)
Bread or cracker crumbs (any kind you want)
Egg
I like to add some bell pepper flakes
A bit of pepper works too

Measures? I'm afraid I don't measure this one. I just dump stuff in and mix. You don't want to put in too many bread or cracker crumbs as want to be sure you don't get it too dry. Just have fun with it and add anything you can think of that sounds good... perhaps some onion.
Get out a bowl and add all the ingredients you want. Mix it, then form patties and put them in a nice hot skillet. I usually put a little olive oil in the skillet... just a little. Fry them until they are nice and brown, then serve. I hope you like them.

No comments: