Monday, March 15, 2010

Peach Promise

Mr. and I took a Sunday drive to the country to feed the dog and cats and do a few other things around the place. I wanted to try out the new camera and see what it would do. More to the point, I need to start learning what to do with it to take decent pictures.

One hundred and fifty-eight shots later, I returned home to load them into the computer and get a better look see. At this point, I'm not messing with PhotoShop. I'm just trying to see what I can manage to do with this new baby camera.

It was overcast all afternoon, so a little on the gloomy side, but that seems to be the norm these days. The sun will come out again, but has been rather illusive lately.

That may be why I was a tad excited to see these buds on the miniature peach trees. Actually, I had to be told by Mr. that these were peach trees. I wouldn't have known all on my own.

I set the Macro mode to let the camera do its thing, and leaned in to see what would happen. I rather liked this as everything in the background is blurred and one branch shows detail.

Then I backed up a bit and tried again and liked that too.
I was pleased that it picked up good detail of the buds. If you want, you can click on the pictures and see them even larger. Oh... you knew that, didn't you?

I began dreaming of peaches and could almost smell them. Mr. suggested that I take pictures often of the same limbs and follow their development. Personally, I just hope we don't have a cold snap that really would kill them. It could happen. I just hope not. I do like his idea and may try to follow up on that.

I sent these pictures to daughter I-Needa. She wanted to know what kind of tree it was, and in all my excitement about the buds showing, I couldn't remember. I asked Mr. and was told a peach tree. Oh.... I like peaches.

I wondered if the tree will produce peaches this year, and he said it would. He is such an optimist. I mentioned that I thought the trees were awfully small. He said they were miniature. I passed that information on to I-Needa. She said that miniature peaches were great for peach tarts. For pie, you need bigger peaches. Now, isn't I-Needa a smart one.


One last picture while trying to capture something that looked good in terms of composition.

Oh, Dear Readers, I do have a long way to go. However, I'm excited about having this new toy and will promise to learn to use it.

I promise to get busy and post, post, post. I have several ideas and will get the pictures up for you to look at right away... a few a day. Aren't you lucky? Tah Dah!

No comments: