Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring

Ah, the delights of spring... warm sunshine, lovely flowers blooming... bright colors, green.. lots of green.

Yes, we were blessed yesterday with the return of spring. It is filled with such hope of lovely days to be outside soaking up that good old sunshine. Even playing in the yard seems fine for awhile. I love these little flowers that I caught peeking out at I-Needa's house the other day. They are so happy looking.

However, I'm afraid that winter hasn't given up yet, and this is what I saw on my porch yesterday. Another little joke of winter played out on the first official day of spring. That crazy Mother Nature!

Mr. tried to pry me out of the house yesterday to go to the ranch. I stubbornly refused to exit the warm dry safety of my home. I'm not sure he understands yet, but I assured him that I'd earned the right to stay inside on winter snowy days. I do believe he thought I missed something by not tromping through the snow to the awaiting vehicle. I'm sure he thinks he has some training ahead of him. Ah, little does he know. He even dangled the opportunity to take pictures in front of me. I explained that Snappy wouldn't like getting wet, and it was, after all, snowing like the dickens.

So, here I am sipping coffee on Sunday morning and thinking I'm going to be here again in the nice warmth of my home. Ah... no responsibility of getting out and getting somewhere. I'm afraid I'm a fair weather person... and it will be a day or two before it is fair again. It is spring, so something fine should happen soon.

No comments: