Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Punishment For a Dirty House

I'm in running mode, but just had to share my pain.... perhaps punishment... for having a moment of procrastination. I played with the camera that came yesterday. I didn't clean the house.

I was assured by Mr. that we were going to Nearby City later on today to see relatives who are visiting on a return trip to their home. I haven't met them. I had thought last week that I'd be prepared and have something I could fix easily for dinner. I had thawed a nice roast and was ready just in case as expected they would be here yesterday.

Mr. told me yesterday that they wouldn't be coming here, but we would be going off and also meet some other relatives and having dinner out at Nearby City. So...I cooked the roast yesterday. It was quite good.

So... this morning the plan changes. My house!!!!! It needs cleaning!!!! Company... relatives whom I've not met... are coming..... SHORTLY!!! It's punishment, I tell you. It really is. I think there is something about it in Murphy's Laws as well. Leave your house dirty, and company comes. I have to admit that I'd like to impress my new relatives and greet them with a clean home that smacks of House Beautiful. Well... I don't know what I'm doing here typing this. I've got to fly. The dust rag and sweeper await. Oh.... must clean in the bathroom too.

If you are reading this... get off and go clean your house. You may just avert such a dreadful fate as mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to meeting the relatives, but would have preferred to have met them with an air of confidence, not as a wild haired woman who just accomplished the impossible.

No comments: