Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cattle Here and There

My little photo session yesterday involved cattle. After all, I was going to the country... to the ranch... to the cattle ranch. So... it would stand to reason that I'd see some cattle there.

I love the little ones. They are so cute. I caught this one little calf having a bit of an afternoon snack. Mother is checking me out, but the baby isn't at all concerned.



A little jaunt through the pasture in our vehicle sent this mom and calf to the ditch. I suggested to Mr. that he didn't need to scare the critters.

After awhile, they came on out of the ditch and carried on with their life in the pasture.

Personally, I'm glad I don't have to stand or lie in the pasture all day and night. It just isn't anything I'd want to do. I sometimes think of them during storms and wish they all had a nice comfortable barn to go to during bad times.

I was by the house awhile and Mr. made some kind of noise. He speaks Cattle. They all came up near the house and just stood there facing me and looking at me. I don't know what he said to them in Cattle, but they just stood still with their ears out and looked at me.... and looked at me. I thanked them for standing so still and letting me take their picture. I don't think they understood, but they were awfully nice.

I finally decided that they weren't going away, so I put my camera away and headed to the car. I'm not sure when Mr. dismissed them, or if they just wandered away. I'll bet they had a little talk among themselves about that silly looking woman with a flashing light. She was really acting weird. At least I got to play with my camera.

No comments: