Friday, March 19, 2010

The Finer Side of FROG

I learned some time ago from I-Needa that frogs are very special. It's one of those things that you might even consider a symbol. In this world where Christian things are often banned from public view due to possibly offending someone with sensitivities, there just might be another way to share symbolisms.

You might remember that in the long ago times, a fish drawn in the sand was used to help those who followed Christ recognize each other. So, you may think that I'm going somewhere strange with this line of writing. Actually, I'm not. If you want to think of a frog as Fully Rely On God, it makes more sense. I sure hope they don't ban frogs from the classroom or other places. A frog is a frog... or not. It just depends on your thoughts about it.
I grabbed my camera and headed for I-Needa's yard to see how many little frog items I could find around her yard. Now there is one gal who can see the finer side of FROG... and mean it. So... I found these little cuties in the yard.
I must say they are happy little critters.. just hanging out and seemingly not having a care in the world. They seem to have everything right.





I think this is also what happens when people find out you like a particular thing. They seem to buy them and gift you with them. I have a feeling this has been happening to I-Needa as well. I don't really think she bought all these little frogs.

Yep... just hanging out in the sunshine being happy.



It amazes me how many arty things can be done with a frog. Also... everywhere you look, there is a reminder of that FROG thought. It never hurts to have a little reminder.


It's a good thing I'm enjoying snapping pictures. (By the way... I just had this fine revelation to name my camera... gives it that rather personal touch, you know. I believe I'll name it Snappy. What do you think? Is that a good idea, or not?Crazy, or not? Do you name your cars? But I digress........

Snappy and I continued working around the yard and caught these two looking busy.



More to come, for sure.




Keep scrolling.... it's almost finished.




Seriously... just a bit more.


This little fellow has been hanging around in the sand for quite awhile. I do believe he needs a little cleaning up. I imagine I-Needa will be out giving him a little clean up wash soon.


I've pretty much finished out in the yard, so Snappy and I headed back inside to see if there were any obvious FROG reminders inside. Besides, it was getting a tad chilly outside.



Sure enough, downstairs, two happy little readers under a pine tree. Considering years spent teaching, this seems most appropriate too.

Snappy and I sat down in a comfortable chair at this point and decided to call a rest to frog snapping. I hope you will recognize the finer side and view the frog as FROG. Have a blessed day.


1 comment:

First RV Adventure said...

I see many snappy adventures in your future! The frogs are wonderful and your daughter definitely has a flair for displaying them. Thanks for sharing. Faffy