Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Creek

This past fall, I headed out to the ranch as thought it would be a lovely time to take some pictures. There is one little low water bridge that we pass over to get to the ranch. I love stopping there and taking pictures. It is somehow peaceful there.

I thought it had some bit of pretty color at the time and enjoyed the look of it.





On Christmas Day, daughter I-Needa headed to the ranch with Mr. as thought she would like to see the place in the snow. She stopped on the bridge and took this from inside the vehicle.

This was just the beginning of a wet, cold, icy winter. Burrr..... Still, it is the look of change.







As is my custom, I stopped again yesterday and took a picture from the bridge. The snow is gone, of course. The trees have not yet budded, and things are looking pretty bare. Still, I know that it won't be long until I'll be able to take pictures full of green leaves.


I still like this little place, even bare. You can see it better if you click on the picture. Really.


Mr. pulled the vehicle over a after we traveled up from the low water bridge and went around a corner or two. He stopped and said I might like to get out and wander over to the fence for another look at the creek. Of course, I took pictures here too. I'll probably have to do that from now on as well. I'm not sure how much I'll see of it when the leaves are on the trees. We will see.

I do enjoy being able to get out into the country and leave the buildings of the city behind. I enjoy town life, but there is something appealing in the country as well. Perhaps it is serenity and just being out in the open. Love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My how your life has changed in just a few short months! Who would have thought you would be wandering about in the country taking pictures of creeks. Just goes to show you that life is full of surprises and we never know what is ahead! Linda