Saturday, March 27, 2010

Quick Scarf

When I visited daughter I-Needa over her spring break, we did a little shopping. It was nothing serious, just one of those looking trips.

We checked out a new shop that had lots of scarves and bling jewelry. I-Needa spotted a scarf she loved and decided to try to make one. So... back to Hobby Lobby and the yarn aisle.

Here I-Needa explains to Gigi all about life and what she is getting ready to do with the little piles of yarn. Gigi is such a good girl and hangs on I-Needa's every word.
Now we get down to serious thinking and sorting yarn colors. This is going to be a mixture of all kinds and colors.

Gigi seems a little skeptical, but she is going to trust I-Needa in this whole process. She is keeping a watchful eye on the process.






Check out that concentration.





Now she guesses at the length and cuts the yarn. I guess I shouldn't say 'guesses'. Estimates might sound more like she knows what she is doing. I think she did know... Gigi and I were the ones watching this process. We didn't know. We were guessing while I-Needa was estimating.




This went on awhile. Sorting... thinking about color... measuring.. Gigi decides she might as well relax a bit and gets more comfortable on the carpet.



Then...


I-Needa began the braiding process.


Braid



Braid


Braid

When she finished braiding, she tied a few knots in the whole thing.


Of course... otherwise, it wouldn't stay braided. Gigi and I knew that... we guessed it.






When finished, I-Needa sat down for inspection from her favorite fan. Gigi seemed to approve the new look.

Actually, Gigi might want one too. You can never tell.


Yep... this funny fuzzy new thing around I-Needa just might be a collar of sorts. Hum... strange.


Well.... I-Needa likes it and thinks she will wear it to work to keep her neck warm when they either don't have on the heat when they should or when they run the air conditioner too long.

Either way, her work is done here and she has managed to duplicate that scarf... sorta.

Go and do likewise, if you like.

No comments: