Monday, March 29, 2010

Cattle Don't Care

Lean in closely and you may see the cattle huddled up against the truck.

I took this last spring during my first, and so far only, shipping experience. Trust me, there will be more in my future. It was just getting to be daylight, and I tried to get some pictures of the cattle huddled up next to the truck. Mr. had driven through the pasture with his 'Come get dinner' siren blaring, and everyone showed up expecting something good to eat.

What they got was taken to pens and put in trucks. I didn't ask where they were going next.

My point in all this is that nice new pristine condition trucks are not necessary to move cattle. First and foremost to remember: Cattle don't care. They don't care that you have a lovely scratch free vehicle to drive around and feed them.. They don't care that they might get too close and damage the vehicle. They just moove along (pun) and do their thing.
Mr. has never cared much about having a brand new truck. Actually, it is much better to get one with a few built in dings. Then there is no great sadness over a pristine condition vehicle that suddenly has a scratch applied by one of those little field creatures. Nope.... brand spanking new is not necessary.

I will admit to being happy that Mr. came home with a new truck.... well... new to him. It has the few precious well placed dings, but nothing serious or very noticeable. Of course, it is a work truck.... which means that it doesn't have to be clean. Well... clean is nice, but detailed... absolutely not.

I want you to know that I managed to get inside the cab and shine it up a bit while Mr. was gone. I figured it would be a nice wifely thing to do for Hubby. I got the job done before he returned, and I think he was pleased. I even managed to put mats in the front. I'm sure they aren't practical, but they are there.

I've been afraid to admire this truck too often when in Mr.'s presence. I'm afraid he might think I want to drive it. I sure don't want him to think that. Even if I wanted to drive it, he might think I want to try to feed with it, or carry hay with it, or herd cattle with it. We can't have that. The cattle might not care, but I do. I'll leave the feeding and care of cattle to the one who knows what he is doing. That would be Mr. Me? What do I know? Tah Dah

No comments: