Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Spied

I had to travel to Nearby City this morning to purchase a few things that I just couldn't find in my hometown. Wal Mart was my first destination. It isn't my favorite place to be, but I absolutely had to go there.

I picked up a few items in the printer supply aisle, then wandered around the store a bit seeing if anything else was calling my name. I didn't have anything else in mind, just decided to look a bit before heading on to the next destination.

I was heading to checkout when I just happened to glance in the direction of all the bedding. There I saw it. I spied the very comforter that would look great in my guest bedroom. I'd looked and looked in the past and finally given up on finding what I wanted. It amazes me how one can find just the right thing when not really engaged in the hunt.
Normally I would have pulled it down, put it in my cart, and begun the 'Will this really work?' dance. I do that. I mentally try to see what it would look like in place.... colors?... blending with other things? After a great deal of time, I might even put it back.

Not this time. I grabbed it, threw it in the cart, and wheeled quickly on my way to checkout. I was amazed at myself.

I put it on the bed immediately after getting home. Love it!! I can thank Better Homes and Gardens brand for my new happy fresh spring looking comforter. Yea! Now I just need some guests to come enjoy it. Tah Dah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when you spy
something you need. Great find!!
Keep up the good work! Brenda