Sunday, July 12, 2009

Unobstructed View

This most definitely isn't the best photograph in the world. I realize it wouldn't win any contests, but as I was sorting through a ton of photos, it occurred to me once again how much I love living in an area where there are far more open areas than ones with tall buildings.

I snapped this picture as we were headed across a pasture. You can see two cattle trucks as they made their way to the shipping pens. There are some other cattle that will be shipped later on the distant hills. That is pretty much it. Lots of grass, and no buildings.

I know I've remarked in an earlier blog... sometime... somewhere... of the fact that I love this country. People around here refer to it as God's Country. This one little picture doesn't do it justice, but I can look at it and appreciate the fact that it is open, green, and spacious. I'm so glad I've not been put on this earth to live in some city with tall buildings and lots of concrete. My short stay in Dallas many years ago was enough. I remember driving for a good half hour to get to a park. I remember all the houses close together and concrete everywhere. Ah...for me this is God's country.

No comments: