Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Finish

I've been quietly celebrating the end of the kitchen remodel and the fact that Master Carpenter Man has taken away all the droppings he left in a little storage building. He has been paid his final check, and I am free of all that chaos in my house.

I don't want to seem ungrateful at all. Really. I'd do this all again if I had to. Seven months is a long time to be living in the middle of a mess. I'm one of those 'visual' people who like things to look nice. I want things in their place. Stepping over and around packed boxes and carpenter droppings for seven months will wear on a visual person.

I realize that this post isn't really exciting to my reader. Please understand that I'm just kicked back breathing in and out slowly. I'm trying to arrive at the point where I'll be able to pull myself up and accomplish something else. I have managed to let my mind wander to a few other projects that I could do. The key here is the word 'I'. That means me... myself... the big I. I want to paint the guest bedroom. I need to paint the bathroom woodwork. I can do that, too. I just need to get out of the chair and get started. Actually, I think I'll just give myself a little more recovery time. Then I'll get after it.

Today you are blessed with no picture. You'll just have to imagine me sitting in my chair with a happy smile on my face. At times I do a little happy dance. I'm just happy to have survived the seven month carpenter mess. I'm happy with the new look to my kitchen, hall, and dining room. It is nice to have things looking good. I'm happy with all of it, especially arriving at the finish.

No comments: