Friday, July 10, 2009

I Must Be Crazy

Perhaps it is the crazies, but I'm sitting here writing this post while I wait to head out the door and out of town to go see and take pictures of shipping cattle! What sane person, who recently had absolutely no interest in a close up and personal relationship with cattle, would get up in the dark, dress, limit coffee to one cup, and go watch cowboys herd cattle into trucks?! I'm even expected to photograph this whole thing and stay out of the way doing it. Oh... there is a little roof on the scale house that I can climb to be out of the way and have a better place to view for pictures. A roof!!! Me climb on the roof?! Really, now.

I have to admit that I'm not in my comfort zone here. My stomach is thinking that I'm going to the dentist or something. It has those funny fluttery things in it, which I guess we can call nerves. Cattle are big. I am small. I'm going to have to stay out of the way. I may need to get on that roof. I have no doubt that New Man will yell at me if I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time. That might be worse than getting run over by cattle. We will see.

Daughter I-Needa reminded me that I'd spent years as an elementary teacher going on field trips. Her logic reminded me that if I could handle that, I can handle going out to watch cowboys doing their thing. My job isn't that much here... Really. I just need to calm down and enjoy this new experience. Easy for her to say: I believe she is in bed snoozing at the moment of my writing.

I'm also discovering that New Man only imparts information to me a little at a time on a need to know basis. Well, I guess that is just what men do. This whole experience is fairly vague to me. However, he did mention last night something about putting me in his truck and going out into the pastures to do something or other. I missed exactly what he is going to be doing. I have a feeling that it will be a rough ride and I'd better hang on. I'm thinking about taking a blindfold and gag along. At least I would know that they were clean if New Man entertained the idea of using them on me. I'm going to have to control myself and be quiet.... lay low, so to speak. Be quiet, stay out of the way, and don't get killed. Oh, joy!

Daughter I-Needa and Son Right Back tell me just to relax and enjoy this whole new experience. I imagine their suggestion is a good one. I'm trying. I really am. I know I have to trust New Man in this. My part should be easy. I guess time will tell and we will see. One thing is for sure, I'll have new blog fodder with accompaning pictures. Tah Dah.

No comments: