Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I-Needa Needed Windows

Daughter I-Needa woke up one fine day and decided that she just needed a few new windows. Yes, she had seen someone else in the neighborhood getting them, and she began to see the issues with her own windows. Of course... I-Needa needed something.... windows.

Today the man from Window World arrived to install a new window in her bedroom and two new windows in her kitchen.

He began by hanging around to take the current window out. Gee... that looks like a torch. Yep... going to be cutting that window away.





He really was tidy. I'm glad he hasn't been around Master Carpenter Man. These Window Man droppings aren't too bad... really.




Don't you like that little stool with storage in it? Handy, huh?





Now comes the exciting moment with the new bedroom window in place... Of course.. double hung. She will be able to lean them inside and wash them. Such joy!


She said when he put the new window up, she couldn't even hear the air conditioning noise from outside. She was amazed. Oh... she is going to love her new window.










Here we have the final picture after I-Needa wrestled new mini-blinds into place and rehung the valance. She confessed to me that she had read the directions for putting up the mini blinds and that it was a mistake. I think I must have hung the last ones as she didn't seem to remember such an experience.

I told her that I always throw out the screws that come with the blinds and go to the lumber yard to get new good ones. The screws that come with them strip out easily. She thanked me for giving her that good piece of advice after the fact.








Now to the kitchen. These windows have lost their seal and it is really hard, if not impossible, to see through them. The one on the right looks like some kind of monster. Actually, you can see Mr. Window Man through the one on the right, but he does look a little scary.







Let's take a closer look at that window. Ah, perhaps I-Needa really did need a new window. She calls it her 'Monster' window. I'm thinking I can see a monster if I look really close.






Yep... I think it was time for a new window.







So, here is Mr. Window Man caulking in the new windows. Yea!!!


I-Needa really does love them.









Now she can see her fence and flowers outside. I know she was worn out after having the noise and doings going on today. I reminded her that I'd suffered almost seven months of construction noise and droppings. She had sympathy for me. Yes, she did.

No comments: