Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Here They Come and There They Go

Daughter I-Needa has been here visiting, which is always a special treat. We did a little celebrating for the Fourth of July. No... I don't have pictures. Silly me.

We've had a cooler day or two, and I suggested that we go to New Man's garden and pick a few green beans. He then decided that we needed to experience feeding cattle.

It wasn't until later that he admitted driving through the pasture a tad faster than he normally would. Perhaps he just thought it was funny hearing us squeal. Who knows!

First he drove into the pasture area and turned on this deafening siren to call the cattle. It didn't take them long to come from far in the distance. One thing is for sure in this life: the promise of food brings us all to the table. It works for humans and animals alike. I stuck my camera out the window and took a picture as we mooooved along.

I-Needa took this picture as they passed by the truck and headed through the gate area into the next pasture. New Man headed them in with the truck, then put feed down, and they were happy little creatures.

I have to say that since New Man has come into my life, I'm having some new adventures. I'd never expected to be up close and personal with cattle, or even considering what I might do with garden vegetables.

I must say that both I-Needa and myself enjoyed the ride and getting a closer look into what goes on in the world of ranching.

P.S. I haven't figured out another name for New Man yet. I guess someone asked him why I call him 'New Man' and he replied that it rhymes with Tuna Can... one of my posts about him. He does have a sense of humor!

No comments: