Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Live For Sales

Alas, a post without the main focus of a kitchen remodel or even Ranch Man. This is about loving a bargain.

I have to admit that my little heart soars with joy when I find those precious words 'On Sale' attached to something I'd really like to buy.

It happened yesterday at Hobby Lobby. I didn't need anything, but decided to stop in and wander around soaking in the ambiance of one of my favorite places.

I'd entered the front door and started down the aisle when a very perky smiling clerk waved her hand by the pottery and said that it wasn't marked, but everything on this particular set up was ninety percent off. She was just getting ready to mark it, and it would be taken off at the register.

Well, I had to browse there... most definitely. I wasn't sure if anything was going to call my name or not. That sense of heightened awareness that comes with the call to sales took off. I knew I had to look fast as others were hearing of the sale and starting to line up baskets. One woman started pulling things off the shelves with both hands and putting them into her basket. Hurry... hurry... look fast!

Sure enough, this little pottery piece found its way into my heart. I turned it over to discover that it had been priced $59.95. I wouldn't have paid that price for it. I would have put it back and sailed on up the aisle. However, my little noggin was doing the math, and I quickly decided that I could afford to throw caution to the wind and spend a whole $6 for this little treasure. Yahoo!

The six dollar pottery piece now sits upon my new kitchen cabinet. Ranch Man mentioned that he likes oatmeal cookies best. Guess what is inside the new jar. Yep... oatmeal cookies.

Son Right Back paid me a visit this evening. He headed right for the new pottery piece, hefted the lid and peered inside. 'Well', he said as he plucked an oatmeal cookie from the jar, 'I don't remember you having a cookie jar on the counter before.'

'Well', I replied rather weakly... 'Oatmeal cookies are Ranch Man's favorites.' Son Right Back looked at me, took a second cookie, and carefully replaced the lid.

I'm thrilled with finding such a bargain, and Ranch Man will love the contents. He doesn't know about that yet, and I hope he finds out before Right Back eats it all. Tah Dah

No comments: