Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Interrupted Life


It is amazing how something like fixing a problem in the house can just take over your life.

It all started with me just thinking that I'd love to have some crown molding in the living room. The other problem was a crack in the dining room ceiling, which led to replacing that very old sheetrock.


Well, the living room ceiling was just as old, and it became obvious to me that it was silly to spend all that money having crown molding put in the living room and then possibly having to take it all down to replace the ceiling.

Yesterday the BIG day finally arrived, and after all the weeks of trying to fix stability problems and raising the living room ceiling, MCM started the crown molding in the living room.

It was a moment to savor, and I certainly was there to take a picture as the first pieces were put into place. I told him that this is what I'd asked him to do in the first place and he could now consider himself 'back on the clock.' He smiled. It's a good thing he has a sense of humor.

I'm not sure if mine is still intact or not. As I said earlier, my life has been interrupted. Nothing much has been the same. I've pretty much been a prisoner of my living room and the mess in the house. I have painting to do too, so am not free yet. Somewhere along the way, my humor has shifted a bit. I think I'm just tired, and when one is too tired to get out of a chair at night, one is too tired to try to fire up a little humor.

At any rate, things are coming along. There is painting to do today. I need to get busy and paint woodwork. I've done some prep work on that, so am going to try to get some real paint on the woodwork. I did paint the walls.... two coats... over the weekend. It almost killed me, but I got it done.

I do believe I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. MCM should be finished today or tomorrow, and then he will haul all his stuff away and leave me to put my life and house back together. I will admit that I'm going to miss watching him work wonders. He really is an artist with his craft, and I love to see what he accomplishes.

I must be off and getting on my nasty paint clothes. I've got to work. If I'm ever to return to normal, I have to take charge and get busy. I want my life back.... soon.

No comments: