Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And The Work Goes ON...

I suppose I should savor the excuse of not being able to cook a decent meal these days. Getting around the kitchen is a bit of a challenge. I will admit that I've not missed a meal so far. As you can plainly see... there are a few extra items in the kitchen... most of it belonging to MCM (Master Carpenter Man). The cute little blue and gray shop vac sitting on the old ice box is mine... MINE. I love that little vac for cleaning out the car and such. I'll admit that I brought it in to use myself on things like the chair rail. I cleaned a bit with it. Silly me! It is dusty again.


MCM is making good progress. I took this early yesterday, and he has pretty much finished with installing the crown molding in the dining room. There is more to do in there today, but I imagine he will be finished there before the day is through.

Now I have a big confession to make. I've jokingly mentioned several times that I wish my living room ceiling were raised. It was in its lowered state when I got the house. It could go up a foot and would match the dining room ceiling.

MCM mentioned that and wondered if I really wanted to raise it. I actually thought about it. What is wrong with me!!? Did I not see the pictures I posted of my dining room?! Do I not remember the mess? Do I not understand that the living room is much much bigger than the dining room? What is it that I could even let such a thought even cross my mind? I must have inhaled sheetrock dust!

Furthermore, I'm sending conflicting signals to MCM. He doesn't know weather to run for his life or stick around. Actually, he probably doesn't care one way or the other. I'm the one who cares... seriously cares. The thing is... if I tell him that I'd LOVE to have the ceiling raised and he does it... I'm going to be in a BIG mess and will have a BIGGER bill too. Hum.... It is awfully early in the morning to have to make such decisions. However, there is all that lovely crown molding that he is going to put in the living room It would be a shame to put it all up and struggle with getting it to fit when he could put in a whole new ceiling and then put up the crown molding.

I'll say that I'm going to go back to bed and start again later in the day with all this thinking. I think I might need another cup of coffee and a reality check.

No comments: