Thursday, October 2, 2008

No Turning Back

Wonderful Master Carpenter Man has entered the building. It didn't take long to make a mess out of the kitchen... and everywhere else in the house as well.

The problem was a crack in the ceiling. MCM (Master Carpenter Man) announced that the whole ceiling should be replaced. 'It is old old sheet rock, and the best bet would be just to replace it.' That is what he said, and I believe him.

I spent yesterday getting rid of everything in the dining room. It is now spread all over the house, and I do mean ALL over.

When MCM finishes with the new ceiling, he is putting in new crown molding in the dining room and also in the living room. I can't wait to see that!

Of course, I decided I must also paint the living room ceiling again before he started with the molding, so did that as well yesterday afternoon. I still have to paint around the edges of the ceiling, but will get to that sometime today.

Let me assure you that taking down sheet rock is a MESSY business... I mean SERIOUSLY MESSY. There is dust flying everywhere. I hung a tarp between the living and dining room and hope that helps. I also hung a sheet between the kitchen and dining room. I have a door to a bedroom that I also closed.

I entered without a mask a bit ago OSHA (some safety inspector people who workers love to see coming) would probably have a fit. I just had to see what they were doing in there. Well, part of the ceiling is gone, and .... (Oh... do scroll down to see the floor... It is Lovely!



down


down


There it is!!!

MCM went to get his trailer as is going to have to do something with this ASAP. It is going to be knee deep soon, and Princess here isn't going to clean it up. Nope... NOT ME!

You can see that I'm in for a royal mess, so might as well be called Princess. I know I have your total sympathy in this matter and that you will be with me in spirit. Of course, I'll be posting pictures of this whole coming along process. If I think the shrubbery might have been a cause for death, this may really do it. At least I don't have to do the work this time... or at least not all of it. I will be painting, of course. Don't you wish you were me?

No comments: