Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Good News and The Bad News

I'm up in the wee hours having tried every trick I know to go back to sleep. It just isn't happening. I'm sipping on a cup of hot 'Sleepy Time Tea' hoping that it will do some good soon. I'm sleepy, just not asleep.

The good news is that the dining room ceiling is finished. That doesn't mean that the room is finished as I have to paint all the other woodwork and do something about this wallpaper. I've loved this wallpaper for ages, but it has seen its better days, and the new ceiling is making everything else look like it needs a facelift. I'm going to have to get with the program and do something. That means there are more decisions to make. At this point, I'm not into decisions.

The bad news is that MCM (Master Carpenter Man) is ready to start on the molding for the living room. Well.... that living room ceiling was lowered before I lived in the house, and it is old sheetrock. The place where the ceiling and wall meet isn't exactly even. So... you take a nice straight board and put it against a wall/ceiling area that goes up and down. The effect is less than desirable. The solution would be to take down the old ceiling and put up a new one, which would also raise it up a foot.

I've always wanted it up higher, and it would be beautiful like the new dining room one. However, visions of what will be happening in there have been dancing through my head, rather like those visions of sugar plums, only these aren't sugar coated.

I remember these pictures and know that the living room is at least twice the size of the dining room... at least.

To my credit, I think I'm not only considering myself in all this mess, but I really hate to put MCM through this again so soon. It was nasty stuff, and not a fun thing for anyone.

Oh, he hasn't complained about it, but I just hate to be the cause of such a thing.



You realize, of course, that this project will go on and on. I'm going to have to find something else to write about soon, but at the moment, there isn't anything else. This is my world.

I tried to get MCM to change houses with me for awhile... just until the projects are complete. He wouldn't have anything to do with it... the mean man.

I guess the good news is that there are solutions to the problems. The bad news seems to be that the solutions are a bit of a trial... Oh well... It is what it is.. Tah Dah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......