Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Didn't Sign Up For This!

Well, the decision was made and the living room ceiling is coming down. We've passed the point of no return, and it is going to have to be full speed ahead.

I felt a little guilty about all this extra work that MCM didn't sign up for in the beginning. I know it is just part of the process, and he really doesn't care, but I'm still dealing with a tad bit of guilt.

I therefore opened my mouth and said something like 'I'll do what I can to help.' Wrong move!!

During the dining room ceiling demolition, MCM's son was around to tote all that old sheetrock out the door to the waiting trailer. It seems that MCM thought I could help with that little chore. So...... believe it or not...... I've been shoveling sheetrock into my large blue rubbermaid tub, placing it on my dolly purchased from QVC, hauling it outside to the waiting trailer, and dumping it there. Seriously, I've been doing that! Trust me, I didn't sign up for this!

MCM hollered to me at one point and asked if I'd ever had a worker that had disappeared. I couldn't believe this khaki pair of pants hanging from the sheetrock. That's one big rag. Of course, I ran for the camera. I told MCM that he could have them if they fit. Generous of me, huh?

There was also a squirrel skeleton up there. Yuck. He made sure to point that out to me too. I let him know that I wouldn't be getting that down. It was his job! Men's work.. yep, not my job! I sure didn't sign up for skeleton removal.


down

down




I know this really doesn't give you the full sense of the mess in the living room, but it looks mighty big to me. It manages to cover the floor. MCM has left the building to take one trailer load to the dump. I've taken the opportunity to sit down and rest a bit. My head may think I'm forty-five, but my body says 'It's a lie!' Besides, you really need to see what I've been doing today.

I really do want to make you feel good if you are reading this. You can be sooooooo glad that it's me and not you. One thing is for sure, I'm going to have the cleanest house in town when I get everything put back together. Everything is dirty, so everything must be cleaned. I don't believe I signed up for that either. As soon as all of this is done, I'm going to get a little notebook and fill it with my writing over and over 'Get no more bright ideas!'

No comments: