Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Here Today

Today we are here. I'm the observer, MCM is the one working. Occasionally I snap his picture to make sure he has enough light in the attic to work. Actually, he has learned to ignore me.

I had some insulation left over from stuffing it in the walls downstairs. So.... what do you do with left over insulation? Of course, you insulate.

MCM was a tad unsettled about having those big white rectangles of insulation just plopped on top of the rafters. He said they just didn't look right.


Actually, I had those laid in the attic as insulation when the ceiling was dropped as didn't want anything shot down into the space between the old ceiling and the lowered one. As it turned out, shooting something into that empty space would probably have landed the ceiling on my head. I'm glad I checked with MCM before doing such a thing.

So... MCM took the left over and nicely fitted it in over most of the new ceiling area. I think it made him feel better. He also put the white on top of it, so had to remove the 'vapor barrier' on the white. That meant I had MCM Droppings in the attic and had to bag those to take to the trash. I did put my camera down long enough to do that job. One thing is for sure, I have insulation over the living room!!

MCM is going to start sanding this afternoon. Now, that is a messy part of this sheetrock and mud process. Major MESSY! I'm not looking forward to it. I'm sure it isn't MCM's favorite job either. At least I can escape and hide somewhere. He is stuck in there with mud dust flying everywhere. We'll put a fan in the window and point it outside. I hope the fire department doesn't show up.

I've got to go get extra stuff out of the living room so MCM will have less to manage when he starts sanding.

No comments: